|Operation Khanjar (Completed March 2013)|
|Written by LightningUK|
|Sunday, 10 March 2013 00:00|
Operation Strike of the Sword or Operation Khanjar was a US-led offensive in Helmand province in southern Afghanistan. About 4,000 Marines from the 2nd Marine Expeditionary Brigade as well as 650 Afghan troops were involved, supported by NATO planes. The operation began when units moved into the Helmand River valley in the early hours of July 2, 2009. This operation was the largest Marine offensive since the Battle of Fallujah in 2004. The operation was also the biggest offensive airlift by the Marines since the Vietnam War.
ISSUE DATE: Sunday Feb 24th
ISSUING STATION: RG Task Force Command
ISSUING OFFICER: CSM. Lightninguk
1. Situation:Due to the instability in Helmand Province the RG Task Force to help aid the NATO forces in the area in Operation Khanjar.
Joint Operations Command is preparing Operation Khanjar as an aggressive patrol operation focused on Bring Peace ,and targeting the leaders of the local Taliban in the area
Special Instructions:Prepare all Gambler Call-Signs for Helmand operations: Include patrol Training, contact Drill review, and target identification and engagement SOPs.
...................END OF WARNO......................
SOP Operation Khanjar
1. DO NOT FIRE UNLESS YOU ARE FIRED UPON!
2. We are winning hearts and minds.. let the people go about there day.
3. ONLY Stop A Civilian when he or she is performing an action listed in the following sub articles and site the article that was breached in the AAR.
A. Carrying a fire arm on thier person or manning a static weapon.
( REMEMBER ARTICLE ONE WE NEED PRISONERS)
B. Attempting to enter a ITSF Vehicle. (This is the only exception to article 1 you may engage in this situation)
C. Tampering with ITSF Vehicles or Supplies.
D. Grabbing hold of a soldier. (Using the Touch Buddy Script- Left control)
E. Requesting Medical Assistance.
F. Seeking the audience of a Senior Officer.(They May want to provide intelligence)
4. ONLY DETAIN a civilian if they breach any of the following articles.A. Have fired upon friendly forces or has admitted to participating in insurgent actions.
B. Has Breached Article 3A
C. Has Breached Article 3C.
D. Has Breached Article 3D and does not follow instructions to let go and leave the area imediately.
5. ONLY STOP a vehicle if it is in violation of any of the following articles.
A. Has OVERTLY PHYSICALLY CONTACTED a ITSF soldier or vehicle.
B. Driving Consistantly at a high rate of speed.
C. Has an ARMED person as a passanger that has been SEEN entering the vehicle.
6. ONLY SEIZE A VEHICLE and its occupants if it is in violation of any of the following articles. A. Is in Violation of ARTICLE 5A.
B. Is in Violation of ARTICLE 5C.
7. ONLY FIRE UPON A VEHICLE if it is in violation of any of the following articles.A. An enemy combatant that has been seen firing upon ITSF soldiers has entered the vehicle and is attempting to flee.(Cleared To lethally engage)
B. Is In Violation of 5A and attempts to flee. (Non Lethal)
C. Is In Violation of 5A and attempts to hit another ITSF soldier or vehicle. (Lethal)
D. Has a mounted weapon that is manned. (Lethal)
E. Has a unmanned mounted weapon. (Non Lethal)
8. ONLY ENTER A RELIGIOUS ESTABLISHMENT IF.
A. You Have been invited by the leader of the establishment.
B. You have been engaged from within the establishment.
C. You can see firearms or ordnance within the establishment from the outer perimeter.
ARMA 2 Tribute Featuring Operation Khanjar
|Last Updated on Thursday, 04 July 2013 15:47|